Policy and Procedure Reviews
This specialist service focuses on protecting both you the employer and your employees, ensuring all your policies and procedures are and remain manageable, effective and compliant with current legislation. Should an issue arise you will receive full support, advice and if necessary, legal representation for the following:
- Harassment and Bullying
- Equal Opportunities (Age, Sex, Disability, Gender Reassignment, Race, Religion or Belief, Sexual Orientation, Pregnancy and Maternity, Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Holiday and Sickness
- Family Friendly Rights and Parental Leave
Your Policy and Procedure Review Includes
- Contracts of Employment – a contract of employment does not need to be in writing. It can be verbal or written. An employee is, however, entitled at the very least to a “written statement of particulars” of the terms of employment if their contract lasts at least a month or more, assuming there is no contract of employment.
- Confidentiality Agreements – to protect your business it is important that employees work under a sensible Confidentiality Agreement both during and after their employment.
- General Correspondence – some correspondence with your employees may form part of their Terms and Conditions.
After accepting our Terms and Conditions and implementing and following our advice – your membership fee will provide you with legal representation without any further charges for the following services:
- Grievances – telephone based advice concerning any grievances or potential disputes raised by an employee
- Disciplinaries – telephone based advice in relation to any disciplinary action raised by you against an employee
- Correspondence – cover for legal costs in liaising with an employee or their representatives in relation to any dispute
- Tribunals – cover for our legal costs (excluding disbursements) in representing you at any Tribunal subject to our Terms and Conditions
Often it will be possible to resolve a dispute through Mediation and with both parties’ consent we will work with you and your employee to resolve any differences and to avoid litigation.
All Managers need to be aware of Employment Legislation which affects their role and the management of their teams and employees. We can work with you to develop a Training Programme to meet your business needs and to ensure your managers understand what is required of them to protect both your employees and your company.
How We Can Help You
Our team of Employment Law solicitors can assist employers in developing and implementing a Policy and Procedure Review. We also review your existing Terms & Conditions of Employment to make sure they protect you and your workforce.
Make an Enquiry
Book an Appointment