By using this website, you accept our use of cookies. Want to know more?
call lawstore on 0208 313 7084
uninsured drivers

Accidents with Uninsured and Untraceable Drivers

If you have been involved in a car accident with a motorist who is either uninsured or who left the scene without leaving their details (untraceable) you can still pursue a claim for compensation for your injuries and losses, but the process can be more complicated than claiming directly from an insurer.

The area of law relating to Uninsured and Untraceable motorists , is extremely complicated, There are certain rules to comply with that differ from normal claims involving insurers and it is vital that your personal injury claim solicitors are well versed in dealing with the MIB schemes.

MIB Uninsured Driver Scheme Claims

A claim can be pursued via The MIB – The Motor Insurers’ Bureau, an industry led organisation set up to compensate victims of accidents involving uninsured or untraced motorists. Our solicitors are renowned for making successful MIB Claims, including accidents involving children with hit and run drivers.

It is important to note that the additional legislations regarding Child victims of hit and run drivers, who now have until their 21st birthday to bring a claim. This brings them in line with the standard civil procedure set out in the Limitation Act 1980.

The MIB was originally set up to compensate innocent parties for Personal Injury, but now allows claims for damage against property (vehicle damage etc).

How We Can Help You

If you or a loved one were the Driver in a car accident, a Passenger or a Pedestrian, our expert MIB Claims solicitors can help you make a claim for compensation. Talk to our specialist uninsured motorist claims department today and we will work with you, providing straightforward, practical and realistic legal advice; guiding you through the right course of action in pursuing your claim.

Make an Enquiry Book an Appointment