By using this website, you accept our use of cookies. Want to know more?
call lawstore on 0208 313 7084
housing disrepair

Housing Disrepair Claims

Is your Landlord letting you down? If your Landlord refuses to carry out repairs and keep your rented accommodation properly maintained, we can help. At LawStore, our specialist Housing Disrepair solicitors can help you claim compensation on a No Win No Fee basis.

If your rented property is in a state of disrepair, it is important that you notify your landlord or letting agent as soon as possible. As a tenant, minor repairs are often your responsibility, however repairs required due to disrepair and damp will be your landlord’s responsibility.

If your landlord refuses to repair the damage or has ignored you, you may be entitled to claim. It’s important to be aware that the landlord will have a duty to the tenant (you) which is granted through the tenancy agreement (the contract) and in certain circumstances the landlord may have breached that contract and this will entitle you to make a claim.

Compensation can be claimed for issues such as clothing, bedding, carpets, furniture or curtains that have been damaged by damp, water leaks or mould. Compensation can also be claimed for property damaged while repair work was being carried out as well as any personal injuries you have sustained as a result. In addition the landlord, by agreement or by order of the court can be forced to repair the damage.

The amount of compensation that you are entitled to is dependent on the circumstances surrounding your case. Therefore, it is advised that legal advice is taken before starting any legal action.

Please note that if you are claiming for damages caused to your health, you will need to prove that the disrepair and health problems are linked. This means that the disrepair was a contributing factor to your ill health, not that it was the sole cause.

What Can I Do?

What Legal Fees Will I Pay?

Our specialist solicitors can give you expert advice and legal representation for your Housing Disrepair claim. We operate on a No Win No Fee basis, so our fees will be taken from the damages recovered and, if no damages are recovered, no fees will be payable.

To start your claim or find out if you can claim, call us on 0208 313 7084 or click below to complete an online enquiry and we will call you back.

If you have not yet complained to your landlord formally, our panel solicitors will do so as part of your initial consultation.
Make an Enquiry Book an Appointment
Newsletter Sign Up