Protecting Your Family
The future of your family may depend on you having prepared an effective and legally valid Will. With our specialist knowledge of property, trusts and tax law we can help you to ensure your Estate passes to the people you want it to go to in the most effective way.
A Will allows you to appoint Guardians if you have small children, choose the Executors you want and can, in some cases, reduce the burden of Inheritance Tax.
Points to consider:
- Do you want your whole estate to go to your husband/wife/partner if you die first?
- If you and your husband/wife/partner die together or if you die after him/her do you want the whole of the estate to go to your children?
- Do you need to set up a Trust?
- At what age do you want your children to become entitled to capital?
- Do you have step-children – the law is different to natural children?
- What happens to your Estate if your family all die together i.e. in a car crash?
- Who do you want to appoint as Guardians of your children if you and your husband/wife/partner die before they reach 18?
- Do you want to make specific gifts to friends or charities?
- Who do you want to appoint as Executors - who will be responsible for carrying out your wishes and who can also be a beneficiary named in your Will?
How We Can Help You
If you made your Will more than 3 years ago it might need revising either because of changes in the law or changes to family circumstances. If you make a Will with us we offer a free Will Review Service which simply involves a short telephone discussion to make sure your Will still meets your requirements.
Make an Enquiry
Book an Appointment